Thursday, June 21, 2007

pool party


Yesterday Hallie asked me to set up the play pool, and when I did - it had a crack.
The last one was a large hard plastic pool, but was a bit small for both of the girls now, so it was time for a new one.
Went to wal mart and browsed the mini pool section.
Hallie liked one with a blow up palm tree, Davi told Hallie "they arent like they look on the box, it never is as nice as on the box"
I thought to my self, how true Davi. my life never looks like it does on the box. The cover of the board game shows two children laughing, clean and taking turns. they dont show one kid crying and the other with her arms crossed saying "I wont play! I never win!" both with chocolate and jello stains on their face and/or clothes. My cakes never look like the picture on the box and my grass doesnt look green like on the bag of fertilizer.
So we picked a pool that had a 2o year old mom in a tank top gently splashing her 4 children. Took it to the register with our torillas and diet coke.
The girls like to sit in a pool sometimes and play with barbies, drink slurpees or sometimes we fill the pool with bubble bath :). They know its not a big pool, but its wet and cool and fun - most of the time.
So the girls are in the pool playing with polly pockets and mermaids and two other neighbor girls come over, and then a neighbor boy comes over.
You would think we had an olympic sized pool with the amount of kids that want to jump in.
I was on a business call when the neighbor boy came over and I wanted to to tell him go home and get a suit on if he'd like, but when I got off the phone all the kids were gone...
I see Hallie and Davi draining the water!! I think "do I realllly want to know?"
Me: WHY are you draining the pool!?
Davi: its easier than the net
Hallie: you can get the cheeze its in the net but not the yogurt
me: (thinking- 'go back in the house, pretend you didnt hear or see anything') ummmm...who threw up in the pool?
Davi: Hallie did and I ran the net.
Hallie: can I have a sandwich?
Davi: can I have a bath?
me: looking at the box the pool came in .... thinking : I wonder if I can return it still and tell them
"its not like on the front of the box"

2 Comments:

Blogger Aubrey Harns said...

Good blog story - just doing my "best friend" part and staying caught up! :-)
Hugs,
Aub

9:54 PM  
Blogger DonnaSalazar said...

Great Story!!! You should make a page for it! You don't see many vomit pages. LOL!

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home