Monday, April 17, 2006

working from home


working from home isnt all what its cracked up to be. when your kids are driving you nuts -drawing on your proposal to clients, or answering the office line and you hear "Um, my mommy cant come to the phone, she has been in the bathroom for a while"....you dream of the peace and quiet of working at an office. When your kids leave you alone and you finish work at 4pm and realize you failed to feed them lunch and see a empty box of Cheeze itz on the floor (lunch)...then you feel like the guilty mom. Today while working on digitizing some sidewalks, Hallie came in and said "here are some flowers - you dont have time to get outside much" broke my heart...but for a split second I thought "Damn! where did all those dandelions come from?!"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So laughing at the bathroom and Cheezits comments!! OK, I think I'll keep my dayjob...

:-) Jen

9:32 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

I am so feeling your pain and I would have thought the same thing about the dandilions but I would have known where they came from...my yard. ~ Shelly

4:43 AM  
Blogger Breanne Crawford said...

AWW what a cute story!

6:12 AM  
Blogger Jen Martakis said...

You crack me up!
Seriously though, don't be too hard on yourself. You are not the first mom to let their kids eat Cheez-its for lunch. :)
I know how hard you've been working, I hope you get a break soon.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home