Monday, August 13, 2007

We interrupt our regular programing

I am going to interrupt the Tennessee posts for a moment.
We went to the beach yesterday. Spent the entire day there actually.
So relaxing, with the warm sun, the sound of the ocean and the breeze.
The girls played and played in the water, built a sand castle fort with 2 other children they met, and had a blast "tubing".
Typically we bring boogie boards, but this time I thought it would be fun to take inner tubes. It was a hit!! Davi said "Its just like the wave pool at Mandalay Bay Hotel - with the waves, the inner tubes and sand"...um I suppose so, but I think its- the Mandalay Bay Beach is like this beach.
My kids were in their element. The sunshine, no humidity, playing in the Pacific Ocean, eating snacks and reapplying the sunscreen.
after the beach we showered at the cafe and they wanted to play on the playground. I was so ready to go at 6:00, but I figured they are on their last few days of summer ...so OK. They played on the playground and swung on the big huge swings and made more friends.



They got hungry and wanted to go eat at the bowling alley - so we left the playground and went to the bowling alley to eat.
Davi and Hallie said it was their "best summer day EVER!"
I needed that. Those words made it all worthwhile and reminded me why we live here.









2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Perks said...

What my kids wouldn't do for a day like that....and what I wouldn't do for no humidity!! Glad you are all getting out and enjoying the last days of summer....fabulous photos!!!

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love San Diego! Glad you had a fun time. I love the shots with the tube especially the one you shot through the tube. I took a bunch of beach photos this summer and I am super excited to scrap them.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home