Saturday, March 31, 2007

Our dear Bobo November 19, 1995- March 19, 2007













I know I havent been posting to my blog lately, our dog had to be put down, and I couldnt bear to post about him yet. I also thought it was so rude to post about something other than bobo, like rock tumbling or a field trip for school. I literally couldnt look at photos of bobo without being sad for the rest of the day.

we have lost both our pets in 2 months, this has been a tough blow for our family. He needed surgery for a tumor and a few days later had another blockage in his digestive track. That was sort of the same thing as before in august. It was really hard on shane- he couldnt go to the vet, so I went down alone to be with Bobo, to put him to sleep. I felt like he deserved one of us to be with him. It was so hard, when he saw me - he looked like he thought I was there to take him home. I was so upset he kept trying to make me feel better by putting his head under my hand - forcing me to pet him. He kept trying to make me feel better - which in the end made me feel worse :( . Weeks later, I still feel so sad I couldnt make him better. We treated him like one of our kids and I am not dealing well with how quiet our home is now. Each time I sweep the floor there is a bit less dog hair...
He was such a good dog, kind and loved the girls and Frodo. He loved everyone and was patient and loyal. He made our family complete. Since we got bobo before the girls were born, they dont know anything other than having bobo in their lives.

I miss him and my kids are shattered.

I hope he is with his buddy Frodo now.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lorrie said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Bobo was a Beautiful dog and your pictures of him are wonderful. I lost my two buddy's a few years apart. Both due to cancers. One in July 03 and the other in Dec 05. Life is still different without them. They lived a long life. The last one was almost 16 yrs old! It's good that you waiting until you were ready to blog about him before you updated. Eventually you'll be able to laugh about the silly things he did, and look at the pictures without feeling all the sadness. I can now, but it doesn't change the fact that I still miss my furbabies... my first kids...

{{hugs}} to you. I know how you're feeling. I'm so sorry.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Sonia said...

OH wow...I am so sorry. I know how incredibly heart BREAKING losing a pet is. He was absolutely a beautiful pup, and incredibly loved. You gave him a wonderful life.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Sarah Kristiansen said...

Oh, goodness. How sad for all of you. WE have two dogs, both older than the kids. As happy as I always am that my kids are growing up with dogs, I always think of that inevitable day when they will have to face the loss. A friend of mine just had to put her 3-year old golden retriever down, and she sent cards to her friends and family with a photo of Blazer and a little note. But the part that really tugged at my heart was the quote on the front that read, "Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." My heart goes out to you and your kids and your happy memories of Bobo.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Perks said...

Oh Johanna, my heart breaks for you. Just reading this post makes me ball. I feel so much for you and your family....I know Bobo and Frodo had a huge place in your hearts...and now that they are not there I'm sure you feel this huge emptiness. Please if you need to talk just call me.

Huge hugs to you.

Love,
j

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

}( It made me cry to read this.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home