Friday, April 20, 2007

Happy Jeans




you moms of girls know what I mean....


I shorten the jeans and then like 2 months later they are 2 inches too short...grrr


and when I say I shorten the jeans, I typically have to CUT 3-5 inches off and still leave enough for a new hem.


Ok, most of davi and hallies jeans have patches - holes!! (grrr...) that are intentionally there - stitching - beads - rhinestones - ribbon.... they have a lot of things added to the pockets, legs hems...


The other day I was packing away pants that were too short and hemming/cutting new pairs that were too long


**LIGHTBULB**


Hmmm.... what if I added on this part of the jeans I just trimmed off to the short ones!?!?


I ran upstairs and pulled the short ones out of the attic and stitched the trimmed off cuffs to them! I used hot pink thread to sort of match the rest of the jeans and used a pair of cuffs that were lighter. I did zig zag and straight stitch to make them look funky.


wow..why didnt I think of this like 5 years ago?????

6 Comments:

Blogger Aubrey Harns said...

Those are pretty stinkin' cute.
Aubrey

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super cute and great idea.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

I have this problem sometimes, too. I just un-hemmed a pair last week to accomodate growth and it left that telltale line from washing and wearing where it was once folded. I thought about putting some fun trim over it. I've also thought about converting some jeans that are too short into capris. Adding your new style to those could be fun, too!

4:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super cute! Fab idea!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Lorrie said...

what a really cool idea.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Aubrey Harns said...

Johanna, I was tagged, now I'm tagging you - you're it. The rules: Start with 7 random facts/habits about yourself. People who are tagged have to write their 7 things on their blog. Then choose another 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment to tell them they have been tagged and to read your blog.
Aub

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home