Saturday, April 14, 2007

Recipe Saturday

ok, my friend leah fung suggested I write down some of my signature dishes. I thought it was a good idea, like if something happened to me, they would go with me.

Baked Potato Salad

this one is dedicated to my sister in laws who don't like mayo. :) - Julie and Dawn

bake 6-8 potatoes, depending on size
*I like to bake them like this:
put a bit of butter on a piece of foil and sprinkle season salt and Parmesan cheese on it. wrap the potato up in it and bake like usual - the peel of the potato is so yummy!
**also, when I am baking a chicken or something that takes a while, I make a few potatoes and keep them for the next day or so.

In a really large bowl, melt some butter
3 TBS Butter works well.

Chop up the warm potatoes, if they were made ahead, reheat them - chop in cubes

put in the big bowl and add

a few scoops of sour cream
1 Cup of shredded cheese
1/2 cup bacon bits
salt & pepper

Mix well, the heat of the potatoes will melt and mix with the sour cream and cheese really nice :)

top with chives.

Basically its like a baked potato in a bowl, but everyone I have ever made it for said it was so good, and they never thought to make potato salad like that :)

next Saturday: macaroni and cheese

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, this sounds SO good! Definitely going to make it and I can hardly wait for your mac & cheese recipe! I had fun reading your blog today, Johanna. I've fallen behind on all my blog reading. I loved seeing your doggy page and the bunny, and all your photos are fabulous (of course!). Your girls are SO cute! Have a great day friend!

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home