Wednesday, May 17, 2006

mommy's little shop of horrors

Ok, don't get me wrong, I love being a mom. But I was watching the news and they were talking about phobias, fears and I thought about what makes me cringe, what am I afraid of? Snakes? Nope, had one as a pet, they are nice - I am not going to snuggle with a rattlesnake anytime soon, but no fears of snakes. Spiders? Nope, I am the official bug wrangler in this house. Oh, I know what sends chills up my spine.....

  • when I hear "can we keep it"?
  • when I see one or both of my kids running with a towel and a bottle of windex.
  • over hearing "oooh, I am sooo telling mommy - you are sooo busted!"
  • when I am told "close your eyes and hold out your hands..."
  • the phrase "Quick! Get the plunger!"
  • the question "if I tell you something, do you promise not to get mad??"
  • Davi showing me two bottles of glue: "which is stronger to glue like a million pieces back together?"
  • being asked "what takes off permanent marker?"
  • the announcement "Stop where you are! Snaily and Shelly are loose!" - or you can insert "the hermit crabs are missing!"
  • "look what I found on the ground!"
  • being told "mommy- don't come in here if you don't want to get mad!!"
  • "mommy - remember when you said not to paint pictures on the carpet?....."

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Perks said...

so true! I can add one to your list....I caught Will with his shorts pulled down (literally) in the bathroom and Ellie was yelling and pointing "he got a scorpion on his pants". of course, I freak. Upon closer inspection, though, I learned it was the world's weirdest looking dust bunny/dried grass combo. Hardly looked like a scorpion. Maybe it could pass for a dead spider. I think she's learned she can really freak me out with the scorpion word. Drawback of being in TX. Hate those things.

7:16 PM  
Blogger johanna peterson said...

K- its fine with me if you want to share my list of horrors with your friends, thanks for asking :)

9:35 PM  
Blogger Janelle said...

Okay, you are officially a funny lady! This would make a priceless layout, don't you think???

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home