Friday, December 01, 2006

Palm Trees and Ice Skates





Ok- coolest thing ever to happen!! at the girls school/ Shadow Mountain Community Church they put up an ICE RINK out side the front of the church among the palm trees, makes me laugh- an ice rink with palm trees along the rink.

As they were building it we would go by after school and in the morning and the girls got to know a lot of the workers. WOW!! a LOT of machines to keep an ice rink frozen when it is like 75 here in the day :)!!

So on opening day of course we had to go, Davi had a dress rehearsal anyhow for choir so Hallie and I skated and drank hot chocolate (by the way the best hot chocolate I have ever had- I am not just saying that) its not expensive and it wasnt crowded and the price included skates!!

We had soooo much fun- Davi and Hallie were really getting the hang of it- the 3 of us looked like the "Ice Skating Challenged" family. But in San Diego, I am guessing we are not the only ones that are not very good at ice skating.

The girls are convinced they go to the coolest school in southern california.

If you are local you should take your family 2-10 on weekends 4-10 weekdays $10 adults $5 under 18 and $20 for a family.So much fun & it gets you in the Christmas spirit.

its quite large and they have great coffee and hot chocolate for $1 !!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so excited to go. Kate has been talking about it all week. Shadow Mountain sent us a postcard but I was thinking the rink must be dinky. It looks big. I'll make sure we get the hot cocoa.

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMGosh, how cool!!!!!!!! Look how happy excited they are!

We have a ice skate rink here too, it sits on a lake at Lake Las Vegas.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Shelly said...

They do go to the "coolest" school in the country. My kids would love, love, love an ice rink and I'd love the hot chocolate. What fun!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Perks said...

How exciting!!! The rink looks awesome!! OK, the palm trees are a bit out of place, but makes sense when you know where the rink is! :-) Ha ha about being the ice skating challenged family! I'm right there with you (and I lived in MN my elem school years--so have NO excuse!)

:-) Jen

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home